Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" Suzuki Gauge SMIS problem Help !

I have a problem with my 4" SMIS gauge
    2 days ago I been on sea , the gauge was indicating 82 liters of remaining fuel

After 30 min running the engine stop ....NO more fuel !!!!!

So now I wanted to re calibrate the gauge but can't reach it .

I did an unconfigure then configure....vaue didn't change
    I did a reset calibration then calibration, with 3/4 tank but it doesn't keep it , it is steel showing fuel tank !!!

How should a do ???
    Now I know that there is 120 liters in my tank , how should I do to change the remaining fuel value

thanks

Need some more information please.

Has the gauge been working properly until this problem?

Also, have you changed anything with the network recently?

Have you done the refuel process as normal when filling the tank?

Comment

Yes the gauge has working properly before , and it steel working fine except the remaining fuel . That why I would like to calibrate it again , as I kniw exactly the volume of fuel inside the tank
      May be I did a mistake at the beginning ( ??)

I didn't change anything on the network

Yes I did refueling. I did "partial refueling" the I entered the liters of Fuel I added...

Comment

I would suggest going into the setup menu. It may have lost the tank capacity details. Check and reset if necessary.

Comment

I 've been many times in the fuel tank details to reconfigure it and recalibrate it .

Yesterday just after starting the engine all the datas changed !!

it is better but still not correct

is there any way to enter the correct volume of fuel

Comment

What do you mean by enter the correct volume of fuel?

Do you mean:

(A) the correct amount of fuel remaining in the tank?
            (B) the correct fuel flow rate?

If it is (b), The best thing to do is fill the tank all the way to the top, go into fuel menu and set the tank to full. DO NOT, AT THE SAME TIME, ADD THE NUMBER OF LITRES IT TOOK TO FILL THE TANK!

Then, go and use the boat and run through at least 1/4 of a tank.

Then refill again to the top, and compare the amount of fuel added to fill the tank to what the gauge says was used. If there is a difference of up to 10% between the 2 figures, you can recalibrate by following the instructions, and selecting the option to recalibrate and then input the actual fuel used.

You might have to do this again after the next couple of fills to get it very accurate.

If it is more than 10 or 15% difference between actual fuel used and what the gauge says was used, it might be another problem.

Comment

OK thanks , I'll try to do as you are telling me for fuel tank calibration , even if it is not easy (because the sea is not so close..)

Sorry
              can you tell me again how to recalibrate the engine fuel flow ? (in case I have to do so )

thanks again

Comment

From memory, in the menu, select fuel, then refuel, and set tank to full, then it will give you the option to calibrate. If the fuel actually used is different to what the gauge says, select yes and it will them prompt you to input the actual fuel added to the tank. That is just about it.

Doing this will recalibrate the fuel flow and should result in closer acyual vs predictade fuel use next time you fill up.

Comment

So
                  I filled the fuel tank as much as possible ( fullll !)

Then I went and run with my boat for a while

after finished

My SMIS gauge said that I used 10,50 liters.of fuel
                  Then I filled up the tank as much as possible again, and I add 16.50 liters

For me the difference is huge ! more than 50 % fuel consumed more than what the gauge said .

What do you thing about ?
                  what should I do ?

thanks

Comment

You should do what Moonlighter has been telling you to do. Now that you know how much fuel was required to fill the tank, go to your boat (it need not be in or anywhere near the water, and you need not run the engine, just turn on the key so the gauge is reading the information from the engine ECM). Press the "MENU" button on the gauge, use the up/down buttons to highlight "FUEL SETUP", then push the enter button. Select "REFILL TANK", and enter, then the recalibrate option will display next. Highlight "YES" and enter. The filled quantity window will appear, where you will use the up/down buttons again to enter the 16.5 liters of fuel that you put in your tank. When you have scrolled to the correct amount, push enter once more. Press exit to return to the main menu.

You might be required to calibrate using this method several times when refilling your tank, in order to get the fuel correct. Once the fuel used is same as fill amount, you will be selecting "NO" when queried by the recalibrate window, then will merely enter the amount of fuel filled (in other words, you will be telling the gauge not to recalibrate with this fillup).
                    Last edited by Harper2; 09-02-2014, 02:50 PM.
                    Mike

Comment

just a question to know if I'm

All the procedure you gave me as to be done with the engine running or it can be done with engine stopped

If a Understand what Harper said , it is with engine running

Comment

Engine shouldnt be running, but key must be turned on to the point where it beeps. Ypu wont be able to calibrate the system with the key at the off position.

You may have to repeat the calibration process 3 or so times to gradually get it accurate.

Comment

I understand
                          But there is something not clear , andf I would like to clarify it

you told me : "use the up/down buttons to highlight "FUEL SETUP", then push the enter button. Select "REFILL TANK", and enter, then the recalibrate option will display next".

In "FUEL SETUP" it doesn't display option of "recalibrate"

On my Gauges

In the menu I have to select
                          >>Bus devices
                          then >> FUEL TANK
                          Then >>>>Calibrate Then select 1 or 3 or 5 ( I selected 5)
                          Calibrate n (1 /3 /5)

Then select Full level (set tank to full level )>>>> enter

This procedure is different then yours

Is it a mistake ? or ?

For your information (in case it change something)
                          in the menu
                          >>>>System info
                          >>LMF400
                          >>Ver 2.5.0
                          >>Boot 1-1.70

Comment

Thw instructions on how to calibrate are in the user manual for the LMF400. Just follow them.

Comment

tomille3, before you can do any of this, you have to READ the instructions. You are apparently just skimming over the instructions, and consequently missing a few steps. For instance, I did NOT say you have to run the engine. I specifically said turn the key on, but you need NOT run the engine. And no, you will NOT find a calibration option under FUEL SETUP. As I instructed, your next step is to go to REFILL TANK. it is THERE that you will find the recalibration option.

You have not indicated for sure whether you are talking about the Lowrance LMF-400 or the Suzuki 4" SMIS Multifunction gauge. If you are trying to make adjustments on the Lowrance gauge, then go to page 58 of the instruction booklet and READ it. If the Suzuki gauge, then the information is on page 45 of the Suzuki instruction book. These instructions on pg 44 are those that I quoted you in my previous post.

But if you won't take the time to thoroughly read the instructions, there's not much that we can do to help you.
                              Last edited by Harper2; 09-09-2014, 09:46 AM.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X