• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df90a

Motor seems to run flat under load
    Replaced filters,plugs and fuel connector from tank
    Any other thoughts?

Any better definition of what you mean by "runs flat"?
    Mike

Comment

Will not jump up on plain, idles fine just seems to struggle to fully power up.

Comment

You're saying, in other words, that you are unable to accelerate the motor to full RPMs? To get any help, please try to be more specific and explain all the symptoms. Does it accelerate okay to a specific RPM, then go no higher, or does it have trouble at any RPM above idle? Or are you having trouble getting on plane, in spite of acheiving full RPM? Because if the latter is the case, it might not be your outboard at all. It might be bilge full of water.

This is why you need to be as detailed and specific as possible. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers, I'm just trying to help you to get meaningful answers.
        Mike

Comment

Motor has around a 100 hrs on it and it's been well kept. Motor is on a CAROLINA SKIFF 218DLV. Boat is around 1750lb motor is about 350 and i never had a problem getting up on plain befor. Tought it might be a bad gas problem and drained intier tank and replaced the fuel, at witch time i also replaced filters and plugs. Boat is dry and only takes on aboat a gallon of water at most. When flushing motor seems to miss at below half throttle, but tested all plugs and injectors and all is firing but it's hard to tell whats going on under load. Been a mechanic all my life but never fooled a lot with boat motors, but when you do this for a living sometimes it's the basics that bite you in the Ass every time.

Comment

Okay, start here... http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...wer-issue.html ...open up your VST and inspect for crud, dirty screen, float valve, etc.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X