Oil seal problems, need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil seal problems, need help.

Alright, I have a four stroke 115 that was leaking oil out the exhaust so decided to replace the seals under the head on the crankshaft. I bought all new gaskets and seals and when we got everything back together I started getting water in the oil. Soooo....new seals and new gaskets, same thing, and yet a THIRD time, same thing. They are seating just fine and even and I am putting them on AFTER attaching the lower unit so the crank shaft does not push them back up. Am I correct in that the open side of the seal is the pressure side so the two smaller bottom seals face down and the one larger upper seal faces up?

So now I am not leaking a little oil out the exhaust but a lot of water in to the oil, and it happens pretty quickly! It's not left over water from before, we are cleaning it out very well, replacing the oil filter, etc. and it is adding about a half quart to the oil every couple of minutes.

Anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Thanks in advance for any help here!

T

What gaskets have you replaced? I am assuming the engine holder and oil pan gaskets? What does the engine holder look like? Any corrosion? This could be adding to your problem. ALSO, be very sure you are ordering the correct engine holder gasket. After replacing everything(engine holder, oil pan, and all the gaskets) I was still getting water in the oil. It turns out Suzuki makes a few different versions of the engine holder gasket. I ordered the wrong gasket, and the difference was ever so slight. I would have never noticed if someone from this board hadn't pointed out my potential mistake. When you get everything apart, compare the original gasket to the gasket you bought real close.
    Good luck!
    Shawn

Comment

Working...
    X