X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with 1999 - DF50

I am having some trouble with my DF50.

Background Info:

when engine was winterized last year it was only partially done. oil in upper unit was drained, but not completely (left about 1/3 qt in engine), did not refill oil, lower unit oil not changed nor was filter. I have been reimbursed for this unacceptable issue. The small amount of oil i think saved the engine!

I had oil change performed (upper and lower unit), new filter, and also replaced impeller at same time. I was obviously getting an oil pressure warning due to lack of oil in engine. i did not run the engine other than to get boat over to slip and then back out of water - all at very low RPMs so there was no damage at all to engine that we could ascertain - no metal shavings, no irregular engine noise, etc.

I ran boat/engine for more than an hour last weekend - WOT for some of the time. when i was done and back at marina, i was idling getting ready to get back into slip and a continuous alarm started to sound - there were no warning lights at all - just a continuous alarm. I shut off enginer, restarted it, and alarm did not sound, but i am concerned because i have no idea what the alarm is due to.

Any ideas or help ??
Working...
X