Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT-55 Water in middle and bottom cylinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g_craft View Post
    just out of curiosity, where is the exhaust manifold located? any idea?
    its under the engine, comes out the bottom through the midsection, its the banana shaped cavities at the rear seen here in this part. http://www.ebay.com/itm/191201754768...84.m1555.l2649

you may not have any more issues with it if torqued correctly if the gasket surfaces show to be flat and level. a very slight imperfection letting light show isn't a huge deal as long as there is no room for a piece of paper to move under it.

Comment

K I've found something of interest i dont' know if this would allow water into the cylinders or not but i found a chunk missing out of the bottom right side of the exhaust cover and plate.

see part 13 in link Fig. 3 - Inlet Case - Suzuki DT 55 Parts Listings - 1988 to 1997

its a big enough chunk that i can see all the threads on the very bottom right bolt going in to the exhaust cover. would this allow water into the cylinders?

I tried uploading a picture but it kept telling me failed to upload over and over.

Either way I'm replacing it with the parts of my spare engine, I just wonder if this would be the problem
      Last edited by g_craft; 08-24-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't think so since it sounds like it is just on the outer side of the cover and if it were to leak it wouldn't get into other areas of the engine. but again im guessing based on what I think you are decribing

the only thing I think would be of concern about that is if there was a breach between the two chambers.
        Last edited by keakar; 08-25-2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X