Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DF60 PTT limit adjustment

Hello,

The manual mentions upper limit but nothing about lower limit. My motor trips the lower limit but can go slightly further down when I open the valve on the PTT. Unfortunately as soon as I raise it back up, the lowest it will go is to the previous limit. When at it's current low limit, the motor still doesn't have any negative trim. How do I adjust it to go all the way down?

I referenced the manual for the auto tilt stop settings. The manual only references the upper tilt limit using the remote box. I have a tiller. I just substituted the "throttle only" function with twisting my throttle to full. That fired off the beeps inducating that the previously saved limit has been erased. Then it allowed me to power the trim down to the mechanical limit of the PTT unit. I followed the procedure to memorize this setting. It beeped. I completed the remainder of the procedure. Unfortunately it didn't remember the new limit. It still stopped short of my new limit back to the original setting. I'm now speculating that this is to allow for some margin of error to prevent damage from bottoming out. For sake of my bow rise testing, I repeated the procedure but instead skipped the part of memorizing the new limit. As it stands now, I have my emergency stop switch re-installed and I'm able to tilt to the lower mechanical limit. If anyone figures out how to program the limit to the actual mechanical limit and have it "stick", let me know. If my bow rise isn't reduced with this extra inch or two of negative trim, I'll probably revert to the marginal limit and pursue other means of reducing bow rise.
    Last edited by mpj76a; 08-19-2014, 08:38 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Wasn't sure - and had to check my notes, but I believe you have to cancel the previous tilt settings before you can re-set. Spoke to my dealer about this as the settings impact an analog trim gauge (even he shook his head on this). Perhaps try the procedure to clear/cancel the trim limits - then go in and try to set it/them. This worked for me the one time I tried it...

Comment

Working...
      X