DF300 Fuel Management Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300 Fuel Management Issues

My gauges were working fine yesterday,today it shows a fuel burn of 1.8gph at idle and at 4000 rpms it shows 40 GPH ?

Any suggestions ?

You'll need to calibrate the fuel flow using your gauge. Do in accordance with pages 44-45 of the user manual. You very well might have to calibrate several times before the usage is correct. Also be aware that when you finally get it to the point where you can rely on the overall fuel used, i.e., the amount used according to the gauge agrees with the amount it takes to refill the tank(s), the fuel flow at idle may not be correct, but the fuel flow at RPM will be close to correct. I say this because after numerous recalibrations of my gauge, I do finally have the correct usage at fill-up, and the fuel flow at RPM when running seems correct according to all specs that I've seen for my DF150, but the fuel flow at idle shows between .8 and .9 gal/hour, while it is more likely really .2 to .3 gal/hour. I have no idea why this is so, but I've decided I can live with it, since my main use is to know how much fuel remains, and that is now accurate.
    Mike

Comment

Working...
    X