Twin DF90a trim issue Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin DF90a trim issue Help!!!

I am in northern Alaska where there are no Suzuki dealers within 1000 miles. I have twin 90's mounted on a commercial pontoon dredge. This is what happened. We were going out the other day and the motors automatically trimmed themselves all the way out of the water. I immediately put them back down using the thumb switch. We have a dual remote control that has a single or dual switch on it. I have it in the dual mode. We continued our afternoon working. Both motors stayed down all day as they should. As we were getting ready to come in the motors trimmed themselves back up. I switched the selector switch to single. The port motor would go down by activating the switch. THe starboard motor would not go down. If I put the switch into dual motor mode the port motor would try to trim itself up. We came into port using just the starboard motor. When we got into the port I checked all of the connections under the helm. After taking apart most of the connections and putting them back together the starboard motor then was put down. Everything seemed to work perfectly. I cycled all motors up and down together and them solo. I thought I had fixed the problem with just a loose connection. WHen we got to the boat this morning both Suzuki motors were dead. I had left the switch in the both motors mode on the remote. Now I started checking voltage on the wires under the helm. There are 3 wires on each side of the control box. I checked the port side which works perfect then checked the starboard side. It seems the light blue wire is what controls the up on the trim motor. It is always reading 10.5 volts as the port side does when activated. WHen I turn the starboard key on the trim motor engages and runs for a while then stops.

I am lost on what is going on....

Any Ideas?????

Thanks Tom

I just removed the switch on the outboard and it all works now. I guess a faulty switch is the culprit.

Comment

Yep, pretty common on all brands for one of the switches to go bad, and that's what they do, switch on.

Comment

Working...
      X