Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any instructional videos about suzuki maintenance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any instructional videos about suzuki maintenance?

Hey guys Im new here I just bought a used 115 Suzuki 2003 and I don't know a thing about 4 strokes. I always had 2 strokes and could do most work on them on my own, when I bought the 4 stroke and asked the guy if it took 50/1 oil, I was baffled when he said you just check the oil like a car. I wish there was some type of video around that showed how to do all the maintenance stuff. thanks for any help

ok, to make it simple, its just like your car engine. you have to fill the engine block with the correct amount of oil (bright yellow oil filler cap found on top of engine under the cover) and check the dip stick ocassionally (yellow ring handle found low on the side of the engine block) with the motor in the down and level position to confirm your oil level is ok.

there is a spin on oil filter located under the cover on the side of the block (usually near the dip stick) and on some engines you need to remove the side cover to get to it.

use only Suzuki oil filters as the pressure relief valves work under different pressures then car engines so while some automotive filters will fit the seals may not seal properly and the safety pressure relief system does not work the same. so spend the extra $3 and get the suzuki filters.

the lower unit is the same as with the 2 strokes.

they are fuel injected so make sure you have a fuel water separator filter mounted by the engine to trap water in the fuel from getting into the engine. this is a HUGE PITA you don't want to have to deal with if it happens.

the only thing you need to do for these engines is once a year replace fuel/water separator filter, inline fuel filter on side of engine under the cover, engine oil filter, engine oil, and replace lower unit gear oil and that's it.

they are pretty much maint free engines.

and NEVER NEVER NEVER disconnect the fuel line to run the engine dry on fuel as some people do with 2 strokes, this would burn up your fuel pump if you did this.

you can find owners manuals and service manuals for it online and in most cases you can find them for free if you look around a bit.
    Last edited by keakar; 08-25-2014, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks, thats helpful, It does seem like I will be saving some money since I won't have to keep buying 2 stroke oil anymore

Comment

Working...
      X