Suzuki 2008 DF 225 not going over 3000rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki 2008 DF 225 not going over 3000rpm

I am new to this forum and need some feedback please. I have had an issue with my 2008 DF 225 Suzuki since April. I do all my own maint and this past April did a complete service: oil & filter,water separator, both thermostats,plugs, in line fuel filter, lower unit oil, impeller/water pump & zincs. When I launched the boat, I started having an issue with accelerating over 2800-3000 rpms. I then changed the plastic fuel filter bowl noticing that due to the Ethano gas, it was out of shape. I also changed the high pressure fuel filter just to be safe. It ran fine for a couple of weeks and then again, same issue. This time even worse. I had no other choice but to bring it to my local Suzuki dealer. They did a diagnostic and ran it under a load and said it was the fuel pump, which they replaced ($$$) and also replaced the fuel sender assembly and the filter. When I got it back, the boat ran great. Went fishing a few times and it was on the money. Last week I went to take it out and when I went to accelerate over 3000 rpms, it wouldn't go. Up to the 3000rpm, it ran perfect. Not a miss or anything. I even tried it from a dead stop and just went full throttle and it didn't move. The mechanic told me to try and put it in gear and see if it starts. If it did, we may be talking about the Neutral Safety Switch. I tried that and it did not start in gear. I am at a point where I don't have any idea what it could be. I have been using the non ethanol gas since then. I would really appreciate some help or input here. Could it be a shift position sensor? Thank you all!
    Mike
Working...
X