Flushing a 2014 DF 300 AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing a 2014 DF 300 AP

Manual says to place duct tape over forward intake and put muffs on the second intake.

I am leery about this. Has anyone tried this?

Or should I use hose connection pick up and not run outboard. I really would like to open up the t stats.

Advice would be appreciated. I am tempted to get a bucket and be done with it.....

Sorry, I am a newby and cannot figure out how to post this on General discussion panel.

if I were you I would put muffs on both intakes, I would think more water is always better then less water.

I don't know your engine so if there is some special reason you aren't supposed to send water into the forward intakes then use the muffs and put a plastic bag on em to block it and not use duct tape that can easily come off

Comment

I watched My dealer with the Suzuki tech. rep standing there and he did it the way the manual said. It was fine. I have the same engine 2014 DF300AP
      Good luck
      John

Comment

I just had a thought, the reason you are using muffs is????? If you want to flush the engine use either of the 2 flushing ports they work well even if the engine is tilted all the way up.
        John

Comment

John:

Let me understand this correctly.

Your tech placed duct tape over the forward intake and the muffs on the other intake and she flushed fine? I suppose the duct tape on the forward intake increases the pressure on the other intake... I was just concerned there would not be enough pressure.

I did flush her using the rear port w/o engine running but I believe that method does not open the t stats which concerns me the most. She sits on a trailer so I have no issue with muffs.

Larry

Comment

By the way, how do you like your DF 300?

Mine powers a 23 Regulator and just had her out 2x and I am impressed with the power, shifting and quietness. The DF replaced a F225, which was a DOG on this boat.

Comment

I was told that the front and rear flushes do the entire engine, I can hear the engine block filling. How ever I flush only minutes after engine stops. I also let it flush for the time while I scrub the deck.
              Other than some electrical issues,you check some of my other posts, the engine is awesome. I have a 2014 Proline tournament express at 5500 rpms I hit 47mph and you can have a quiet conversation. I have had it since May and put 740 miles on it. Little over 70hrs
              John

Comment

Working...
              X