Oil pressure caution system for DF90A Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure caution system for DF90A Engine

After the self test is done the “Oil pressure caution system” red light keeps blinking. The oil level is correct and I only have about 15 hours on the engine. I started the engine and it ran normally. Why is the oil lamp blinking.

New engine, only 15 hours. Take it back to the dealer for investigation, you don't want to go messing with anything while it is so new and under warranty or you risk voiding it.

The first service is normally due at 20 hours, it could be as simple as you have reached 20 hrs or close to that and it is just a service reminder warning.

Comment

It's also very possible that the engine actually has 20 hours on it and 5 of those are not accounted for on your dashboard hour meter. My hour meter differs from the actual hours logged on the ECM by over 3 hours. So before you do anything else, go through the oil change reminder reset procedure:

Turn the key on (don't start)
      Pull the clip off the kill switch
      Pull the kill switch out three times within ten seconds

If that works, don't forget to change the oil (this will be you initial oil change service on your new engine). Also be aware that this will also happen at 100 hours and again at 200 hours. It reminds you that oil change service is due. After 200 hours, you're on your own.

If it doesn't work, then take it back to the dealer and have them give it a look.
      Mike

Comment

Thanks that is what I need to know

Comment

Working...
        X