2011 DF250 cuts out suddenly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 DF250 cuts out suddenly

Searched the forum, but I couldn't find anything.

Background: First three years (2011-2013) absolutely no problems.

Spring 2014: Motor starts perfectly, runs for several minutes, engine cuts out. Restarts fine, cuts out again, repeat until it decides you better wait 5 minutes, then I'll restart. Then it might run fine the rest of the day.

Motor serviced by inexperienced, but nice tech who says he replaced the following: shift position sensor, neutral switch assembly, and shift sensor lever -based on Suzuki's recommendation and engine diagnostics.

Boat runs fine for a day or two and then reverts back to start-stop situation.

Trailered boat to Tall Timbers Marina who could duplicate my complaints. They re-ran diagnostics, cleaned electrical terminals, and ran for an hour with no problems (diagnostic computer attached while running). They weren't positive they fixed it, but I had kids counting on tubing the next weekend. I picked it up, it ran beautifully again for a couple of times, and it reverts to same symptoms.

My daughter picked up on something yesterday that may or may not be a clue. When we initially start the motor, it gives that startup beep that lasts 1+ seconds. After the motor shuts down, if I tried to start it again, there was only a very short initial beep. After I wait 5 minutes or so, I get the longer beep and the motor starts. And then it ran perfectly the rest of the day.

A bit frustrating. Anyone have any wisdom or suggestions?
Working...
X