Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1989 DT200 - I'm running out of options?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey oooskie-

Glad to hear you mostly got things worked out. I know when I first started going through my engine the thing that helped the absolute most was removing the carbs, taking them to a local shop that could soak them in their untrasonic bath overnight and installing rebuild kits. When I got my engine, it had been sitting for several years so there was a lot of varnish / buildup gumming up the carbs. Removing and re-installing the carbs is really not a big deal on this motor. If you're even a little mechanically inclined, it's a straightforward job. Make sure when you re-install you sync the carbs. You can google the procedure but it's mostly just making sure you losen and tighten the control arm that makes all the butterfly valves work together. Just make sure they're all fully seated and closed together in the closed position.

As for the gas smell at idle, I noticed that my engine pulses quite a bit of gas into the carbs at idle. I have a youtube video I posted of it .. you can probably find it there searching for DT200 on youtube. Make sure your adjustment screws are set correctly. Mine work very well at 1 1/2 to 2 turns out from fully seated.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X