Suzuki DF50 flashing oil light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF50 flashing oil light

For no obvious reason the oil light on my DF50 is flashing. The oil is topped up and new. The warning buzzer has not sounded and the rev limiter has not activated still allowing over 3000 revs. I'm at a loss, any ideas?
    Thanks
    Pardoult

Actually, I believe the reason IS obvious. You don't indidcate that the motor is new, but I'll assume it is, because you would likely know what the flashing light is about if you had the motor for at least a season. May I also suggest that you read the owners manual cover to cover, as it might answer a lot of the questions that you may have. If I'm out of line in assuming that you've not thoroughly read it, then I apologize.

The oil light will flash at 20 hours of operation, to remind you to change the oil. It is imperative that you do change the oil at that time, and every other time that the oil change reminder activates. It will activate again at 100 hours (80 hours later), and at each 100 hour period after that (some books say it will activate for up to 200 hours, others say up to 2100 hours). To cancel the oil change reminder (the flashing oil light) turn the key on, remove the clip on the emergency stop switch, and pull the button on the emergency stop switch three times within 10 seconds. You will get a confirmation beep and the flashing will stop.

All this information is in your owners manual.
    Last edited by Harper2; 09-05-2014, 09:33 AM.
    Mike

Comment

Working...
    X