engine hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine hours

I have a new Suzuki DF20A outboard connected via NMEA2k to a Lowrance HDS Gen 2 display. I don't see anywhere a way to see engine hours. Do I need to install a separate meter?

I don't personally have an HDS unit, but Moonlighter can surely help, and will correct me if my following guess is wrong. There should be a "Systems" page of some sort on your HDS (or maybe a "Communications" page). When you go to that page, and bring up the NMEA 2000 page, you should see Suzuki DF20A somewhere, and accessing that page should give you the engine interface information, and engine hours on the motor.

Like I said, the procedure just a guess on my part, but once you have the correct way of accessing it, your HDS unit should give you the hours, and you shouldn't need to buy a separate hour meter.

Moonlighter is in Australia, and gets on the site at different hours than those of us on this side of the pond, so be patient.
    Mike

Comment

Morning Mike!

And happy Father's Day to all!

The HDS has a "info" page that brings up a virtual dashboard.

One of the boxes on that screen usually defaults to engine hours. So you should see it there. If you get to that screen and cant see it, use the arrow button on the HdS keypad to scroll right and another data page will appear, engine hours data will be on one of those pages for sure. Keep scrolling right, there are 3 default info pages there to check.

But if not, follow the instructions in the HDS manual to edit the info page to make one of the boxes on that page show engine hours. Its pretty simple.

The other way, of course, is to add engine hours as an overlay data item to any page.

So, say for example you are on the map page. From memory, i think you go into the menu, select page, select data overlay, select edit, and then find the engine in the list and open that and select engine hours. Again, the exact instructions to add data overlay items are in your HDS manual, it is pretty simple.

Dont forget, you have to have the engine key on or engine running and network powered on to see engine data on the HDS. Otherwise, no engine data!

Comment

Hi Grant!

Thanks for straightening that out....
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X