DF 115 NMEA connections.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 115 NMEA connections.

I've been looking all around trying to understand how can I connect my engines to the garmin gps 546S via nmea2K.
    I bought my boat with two DF115 S/N 11501F-881400 and 11501F-782807 and by the serial numbers one is 2008 and the other 2007 (I guess by the numbers). Base on this information I found that was pretty easy to connect via plugs already on engines. After open the covers I found all connections in use except the one for diagnostic (by the way one engine looks missing the connector). Please I need some help to guide me on right direction.
    Checking about cables I also found 2 types of interface EP20, so getting confused and lost on this....please any help!!!!?!?!?!?
    buy batteries in bulk

You need to read this information. It explains most of what you need to know.

http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf

With your older engines, you will need one interface cable per engine, and to connect it to the engine using what they call a "reverse K8 adapter" which is simply an adapter that will allow you to connect the new interface cable to the round diagnostic port plug on your year engines. The part numbers are listed in the article.

Also, whoever you buy the cables form, tell them you want them loaded with software version 2.30 and that you also want them configured to suit your engines - you need to give them the hp, hear and serial numbers so they can do this. Many of us have used Browns Point Suzuki to supply this stuff, and they know what to do with the cables.

The other thing to buy is a Lowrance or Garmin NMea2000 starter kit. These kits have all the cables and parts needed to set up your network on the boat. T pieces, power nodes, terminating resistors and cables. With twin engines, you may need to buy extra cables or maybe just buy 2 starter kits, it is so much cheaper to buy the starter kits than the individual parts they contain it can be worth getting 2 kits and have some spares.

Comment

By the way, Michael, from your frequent recent posts, you seem to have a plethora of different Suzuki engines with all sorts of issues!

Are you a Suzuki dealer, or just an avid collector?

Comment

Working...
      X