DF15 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF15 question

I purchased a DF15 from a friend. Its a 2011 model he bought new in early 2012. It was used once then stored in my garage for 2 years before I bought it from him. I put it in a trash can full of water to make sure it ran before using it. I'm getting water out of the "pee hole" and water from the case in the steering pivot area, same area that the water pump is in. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Yes that's actually a good sign. That means the water pump is pushing more water than what can actually flow through the water ports in the engine block. As long as there's water coming through the pee hole that means water is making its way through the engine block and that's all that matters.

Comment

To be honest, on a motor thats been sitting unused for that long, i would be very tempted to change the impeller anyway. They can go hard and brittle. Might work OK at idle but at speed is another issue.

Plus, ypu dont want to leave dropping the leg too long or bolts can seize up.

Comment

Thanks guys. My common sense was telling all that water going through the inlet tube couldn't possibly exit that small pee hole, but I didn't trust myself. I did change the impeller, too.

Comment

Working...
        X