140 alarm going off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 140 alarm going off

i have a 2003 140 four stroke. When I hit the tilt up or down I get an alarm. The alarm sounds for probably 5 seconds and lights up as hot and check engine. Can't figure this one out. I have had the battery cables replaced. Thermostat replaced. It all started with the famous engine holder plug. After having the plug removed and having it welded up, it ran fine for three trips. But after that I started getting alarm again. Seems to be trigger when I operate the tilt. It does it from the switch at motor or switch on console. I understand that motor needs to have 12 volts all the time to run right. Probably loosing voltage somewhere, but don't see any corrosion anywhere. At a loss on what to do next. Just had it to Suzuki dealer who put it on computer and it didn't show any faults. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by AllenHill View Post
    i have a 2003 140 four stroke. When I hit the tilt up or down I get an alarm. The alarm sounds for probably 5 seconds and lights up as hot and check engine. Can't figure this one out. I have had the battery cables replaced. Thermostat replaced. It all started with the famous engine holder plug. After having the plug removed and having it welded up, it ran fine for three trips. But after that I started getting alarm again. Seems to be trigger when I operate the tilt. It does it from the switch at motor or switch on console. I understand that motor needs to have 12 volts all the time to run right. Probably loosing voltage somewhere, but don't see any corrosion anywhere. At a loss on what to do next. Just had it to Suzuki dealer who put it on computer and it didn't show any faults. Any suggestions?
    Did the heat from the famous hole damage some wiring?

Comment

I replaced all the wires I thought might have gotten hot. After I had the engine holder welded and fixed, the boat ran fine for 2-3 trips before the alarm started coming on again.

Comment

Working...
      X