Rev Limit Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Limit Alarm

The Rev Limit Alarm on my 2006 150 4 stroke came on while I was out fishing yesterday. I did not over rev the engine. I never run over 4000 rpms. I checked my manual and it said to put the engine in neutral and the alarm should reset. I did this and tried cutting the engine off and restarting, but the light never went out. Not sure if this matters, but the light would be faint at times and then bright at other times. The brightness was not related to how I was running the motor. Manual said to contact my service department if the light came on and was not related to over revving the engine. Anybody encountered this?

Sounds like it's just the oil change reminder system kicking in - every 100 hours since the last service the light will flash to nag you to do something about it. Either book the engine in with your service agent of choice, or arrange to pull the boat off and DIY. To re-set the alarm, switch the key to "run" (not "start") without the kill-cord; pull the kill-switch knob 3 times within 10 seconds. The light should go out. If it does, change the oil etc. If it doesn't, re-post here...

Comment

Thanks will try that tonite.

Comment

Working...
      X