Old impeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old impeller

Yesterday I read a post about an impeller that hadn't been replaced in 8 years . A few guys expressed surprise . --- You'll probably find it hard to believe that I'd just replaced mine (last week) after 17 years . --- Let me explain : I'd purchased the motor (DT15C) NEW in 97 and checked the impeller for damage and hardening every 2-3 years . --- Whenever I'd removed the impeller I'd soaked it in Armour All (a "rubber-rejuvenator") for ~ 20 minutes before re-installing it . --- The water-pump always worked flawlessly for all these years ; never causing any "heat-related" issues . --- I replaced the impeller last week because I detected some cracks in the vanes . It had still been "going strong" . --- At ~ 100 hrs.per year x 17 = 1700 hrs. --- I believe to have gotten my money's worth out of this one . --- ~ 75% of the time was spent trolling , the remainder cruising .

Well, we have a new winner of the Commonwealth Record for oldest working impeller (open horsepower class)!

Canada now in front on the tally board. That impeller can be retired and mounted on the display board along with all those lures that have racked up 100 captures!

Well done.

That is a long, long time for one impeller to last, I would say that the regular use is as much the reason as the Armour-all.

Comment

Is there an award for shortest running engine
      2014 300 hp
      Built Dec. 2013
      Installed Apr. 2014
      Delivered May 2014
      Has not run 100% yet
      John

Comment

Working...
      X