oil filter location DF20AEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil filter location DF20AEL

Just purchased new 20 hp 4 cy cle and it is due for 20 hr check. I have contACTED FIVE authorized dealers and am having hard time finding a dealer who has any experience in small outboards. 3 have outright declined. IWOULD LIKE TO DO MY OWN OILCHANGES AND FILTER CHANGES, BUT not sure where oil filter is. can anybody help?

can only suggest if you are going to work on the motor get a copy of the service manual
    besides helping with things like this.. it outlines a fair number of routine maintenance items and hour intervals at which to do them
    you may find where it is located if you do a parts review that can be found on the forum web page above
    Also, be careful not to do something that will void your warranty

Art..
    Last edited by artdf175; 10-15-2014, 02:31 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Originally posted by griffithr View Post
      Just purchased new 20 hp 4 cy cle and it is due for 20 hr check. I have contACTED FIVE authorized dealers and am having hard time finding a dealer who has any experience in small outboards. 3 have outright declined. IWOULD LIKE TO DO MY OWN OILCHANGES AND FILTER CHANGES, BUT not sure where oil filter is. can anybody help?
      in looking at a parts page for this engine .. it should be located fairly close to the dip stick on the starboard side of the motor.. you may have to remove the lower cowling to get to it.. it is a cartridge type filter as opposed to the spin-on type..
      art..

Comment

I've got a 2013 df15a and the oil filter is the same as Yours.

Take the cowl off and remove the lower cowls and You can replace the filter.

If You go to Youtube and type in Suzuki df20a oil change, it will show You how.

If You take the time to look at the way the oil drain plug is located and how the filter comes off, You can tilt the motor so that You will have no oil drips. Two different positions.

Make sure that the engine is warm before draining the oil.
        Easy job, after the first time, less than a hour taking Your time.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I am not sure if this applies on the smaller hp motors, but suspect it does, as the larger ones require.

You should check if the 20hr service includes a check of the valve clearances. Very important that this is done if it is required at this service. If should be listed in the owners handbook/service logbook. It is either done at this 20 hr service or the 100hr service, not 100% sre which it is from memory.

Comment

Working...
          X