Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kick start water pump

hello
    I have a 2001 Suzuki df50 that has a relatively new water pump that I am certain was installed correctly. The thing is, in order for the tell tale stream to show itself, I sometimes have to bump it in reverse, give it a bit of throttle, then back into forward. Then I get what I would consider a pretty good cooling circulation/pee stream. Any have ideas what might be causing this? the motor runs great otherwise. thanks!
    tom

regardless of what gear you put it in, the water pump always turns the same way, it is driven by the crankshaft, and that never changes direction, you have some sort of an issue, but what is anyone's guess from your description, what happens with the boat in the water, rather than on the flusher? you may just have low water pressure?

Comment

water pump

I got a proline 23 sport utility with Suzuki dt200 1998 lots of live wells and cooler seat ect and the gentleman passed and this is all new to me the motor for tilt and trim is intermediate and all rust so I figure I would take motor off , and fix so it does not break with wife and kids on board and do not want to trash prop , the prop is stuck I took nut and cotter pin off and a plastic nut is behind that ,not a spacer should I take that nut off to release the prop it is a 1998 dt 200 has less than 500 hours just needs tlc was sitting, but was always at the marina before he passed . I have it oil soaking it looked like might be corroded a bit , I would hate to have to cut it off the other nut is driving me nuts I do not know if I should take off because maybe something to do with hub thank you 23 sport I miss fishing

Comment

23sport, obviously you are new to the forum and perhaps to internet forums generally.

Firstly, the accepted thing is to start a new thread when the matter you have is largely unrelated to the subject of an existing thread.

Click the red button at the top of the threads section that says "new thread" and go from there.

Also, once you do that, can I suggest that you do your best to set out the problem or problems you are having, one at a time? Separate paragraphs etc will help make it easier for us to read and understand.

Then, give relevant details about the engine and each problem, and make it clear what you are looking for help with. If you can explain what you have done so far to try to fix the issue, that helps too.

Remember, other people on here are by and large just fellow Suzuki owners who are giving freely of their time to share knowledge and experience, so you would want to make things as easy as possible for them to understand your issue and to give you some useful help.

Comment

Tommacmillan
          since no one has really answered your question
          first.. who replaced the water pump and how long ago?
          If it has been well over a year.. It needs replacing again
          If the replacement was recent.. then suggestion would be to
          take it apart and check for wear and tear that might have been missed or an installation where maybe some part is suddenly missing
          most of these water pumps are pretty simple in design and what I have seen as the rubber ages, it looses pliability, also if stored for some spell, the one side that is compressed inside the pump chamber, retains some of compression characteristics
          Also if no one has mentioned it.. never run the motor without water.. a big no no
          at minimum would disassembol and inspect for wear& tear or other damage
          Art

Comment

As Noelm007 indicated already , gearshift-position has no bearing (influence) on the cooling-system . --- My guess leans toward debris in the "system" . At idle the water-pump may not generate enough pressure to circulate the "coolant" ; while at higher rpm the pressure over-comes the "plugging-effect" . --- Try cleaning the "pilot-hole" with a thin wire or needle . --- Flushing may help .

Comment

Working...
            X