2001 df115 water problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 df115 water problems

My df115 has stopped "peeing" like when I first got it. It will pee about 6' to 8' and then slack off to about 1'. The water pressure guage reads 8 to 10 psi when it is peeing good but drops to about 1 to 2 psi and the water only goes about a foot. I have flushed the engine, run the engine on muffs for 30 min., have pulled and checked the thermostat, have pulled and cleaned the water pressure valve, and finally have just put in a new impeller. Still have the same problems. The engine will cause the overheat indicator to come on when running above 4300 rpm. We drop to 3800 rpm and never seems to overheat. Help!!! Someone must have a suggestion or solution to my problem.

Thanks,

Old fat guy

more than likely build up in the water cooling passages, did you replace the entire water pump kit or just the impellor? a complete is needed now and then.

Comment

2001 df115 water problems

Actually took lower unit to local boat repair shop. They inspected and said only needed new impeller. Installed "new improved" impeller with 6 blades instead of original 5 blades. Unfortunately I still have same problem. Guess I will remove thermostat housing and thermostat, water pressure valve cover and water pressure valve and try flushing from top down.

Comment

Working...
      X