2006 DF250 - ECM Recall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DF250 - ECM Recall?

Hi folks.... new here but not new to Suzuki. Love these motors and the DF140on my previous boat never gave me a single problem..

Anyway... I just purchased a "new to me" 22ft Arima with a 2006 DF250. Sea trial went great and the motor ran flawlessly. The previous owner did say that he thought there may was a recall on the ECM and that I should have that looked into.

Can anyone here explain the issues, if any, and tell me how to go about resolving them.

Thanks!

Did a search on thsi forum and there are a couple of reports of ECU recalls on 250's of that era. Indicated that teh ECU's were replaced.

Unfortunately, no other detail was provided.

Suggest you contact your local Suzuki dealer and check with them as to what the issue was and if they can ascertain if your ECU was replaced.

Comment

I am also having a problem with what appears to be the ECU on one of my 2006 DF 250 engines. Hopefully someone can come up with more info on any recalls.

Moonlighter, finally got the NMEA 2000 running. Now facing different issues. Thanks for your help again!

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Did a search on thsi forum and there are a couple of reports of ECU recalls on 250's of that era. Indicated that teh ECU's were replaced.

Unfortunately, no other detail was provided.

Suggest you contact your local Suzuki dealer and check with them as to what the issue was and if they can ascertain if your ECU was replaced.

Comment

Need a used ECU 2006 DF 250

Giving this a shot before have to buy a new one. Port engine ECU is done. If anyone has an extra and willing to sell please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. lefty View Post
          Giving this a shot before have to buy a new one. Port engine ECU is done. If anyone has an extra and willing to sell please let me know. Thanks.
          Bummer about the ECU!

Best chance is to get the exact part number and search ebay etc.

I have seen a few advertised there, but need to make sure it is correct part number and was/is working. If in doubt of part number, check boats.net parts catalogue and it will show the engines that share the same part number.

Good luck with the search. Keep us posted.

And BTW, glad you got the network sorted out!

Comment

Ended up buying a new one on Ebay.
            Thanks for your help on the network stuff.

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
            Bummer about the ECU!

Best chance is to get the exact part number and search ebay etc.

I have seen a few advertised there, but need to make sure it is correct part number and was/is working. If in doubt of part number, check boats.net parts catalogue and it will show the engines that share the same part number.

Good luck with the search. Keep us posted.

And BTW, glad you got the network sorted out!

Comment

Working...
            X