2014 df20a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 df20a

New member, glad to be on with you. I would like to install a tach w/monitor function on this remote controls motor but have not been able to find out if it is compatible, I know a regular tach will work but would prefer the monitor functions. I have not been able to get a clear yes or no from the dealer or service techs so if anybody has any advice it would be appreciated. Am looking forward to running this fine little motor on my Mowdy S10 scooter. Thanks

I have been told that the new small hp Suzuki A series engines now are NMEA2000 compatible.

That being the case, you could establish a simple NMEA2000 network and add a Suzuki SMIS gauge and it will show all available engine data.

Here is some info on how to do it and what data to expect to get, although it appears not to have been updated to reflect the fact that the smaller 20-30 hp engines are now compatible.

http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 12-02-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. If the motor is NMEA capable then I bet the Tach w/monitor function will work. Thanks again.

Comment

I hope you find that your '14 DF20 is NMEA 2000 capable, but I haven't found that anything smaller than the DF40 is so equipped.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thre is a SMIS adapter cable specifically for the DF 9 thru 20 A series engines listed on the Australian Suzuki website on the parts catalogue link below, along with the interface cable.

So safe to assume if the adapter cable exists, then they must output NMEA 2000!

Current version of the Interface cable listed is part number 34922-88L02-000.

The possibly custom-to-Australia long SMIS adapter cable to suit, Suzuki part number for adapter cable for DF9.9 thru 20 is listed as:
          36660-89L00-000. 7.1 meters long, so you can keep the interface cable up bedind the dash.

See:
          http://suzukimarine.com.au/assets/ou...ultiguages.pdf

There ya go! Hadnt looked into it much before, but it seems to be a goer! Maybe just need a specific adapter cable, probably just a different SMIS plug on the little engines than the bigger engines??

Be worth checking when you order from the likes of Brownspoint.

Comment

" If you have a remote model engine the standard tachometers will work. I am not certain about the monitor functions. Will need to get that answer for you"

The above is the reply from Brownspoint, so still unconfirmed. Suzuki AU documents as provided by Moonlighter do show compatibility for SMIS but Suzuki USA does not so still looking for the confirmation from US reps.

Comment

Mate trust me, they don't make different motors for Australia than are standard in the USA! Our annual market would be barely a month's worth for the US.

Spoke to my local dealer, asked the question, and he simply said "yes".

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                Mate trust me, they don't make different motors for Australia than are standard in the USA! Our annual market would be barely a month's worth for the US.

Spoke to my local dealer, asked the question, and he simply said "yes".
                Thanks Moonlighter! I will let ya'll know how it goes.

Comment

Tachometer w/Monitor functions

Dealer installed on my 2014 DF20A. I was going to do it myself but a chance for a trade with the Dealer made it happen. Let them use my boat in the Houston Boat Show in return for the Tach. install. Did not pursue the SMIS option. Anyway it works!

Comment

Working...
                  X