What size prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size prop

OK so from my previous thread I told how I hit a log and broke my prop and driveshaft. Well everything's back together except I have to get a prop. I'd like to get a stainless steel one but it's really not in the budget right now, so I'll just replace the aluminum one I had.

Problem is that the Quicksilver prop (part number 2038P19) 13 X 19 that was on my outboard wasn't the right size. I could only get 5100 rpm out of the engine with it trimmed just below where it would porpoise.

I have a 2005 DF140 mounted on a 23 foot Sea Fox walk-around. The Prop Finder here states that I can use a 14 inch prop, but what pitch should I get?

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, there is a local Suzuki dealer, but the Sea Fox dealer is 2 hours away.

Prop

For every pitch you drop you will gain 200 RPM. The RPM you state seens low. How much wait fuel people were onboard. I would say a 14X18 should be in the ballpark.The only lower pitch is a 13 1/2X15. Wind and currant also enter into the picture. The boat should be run in both directions to come up with WOT RPM.

Comment

Working...
    X