1988 suzuki dt200 water in cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 suzuki dt200 water in cylinders

i had some water in the starboard side all three cylinder so i pulled the head off and the gasket was blown threw and old so i got a new one and replaced it and it ran goot for about 20 mins and started to die when throttle was given... so i checked the plugs again and ONCE again water in all three cylinder but the head gasket is in brand new shape so i was wondering if anyone knew something else that could cause this to happen on maybe somehow the gasket got installed upside down or what?????

please help!!!
    thanks alot

also is there a easy way to get the exhaust housing bolts out without snapping them?lol thanks

Comment

Head Gaskets

You need to change all head gasket and exhaust cover gaskets. If you can heat bolts with a torche and work loose very carefully. Sometimes they break and they have to be drilled and taped. Start out with a center punch and a small drill bit and work your way up in size.

Comment

thanks for your response,

i got the exhaust cover off by only snapping 5 bolts and manage to narrow it down to only having to drill one that i couldnt take out with visegrips... now both the exhaust gasket and exhaust gasket for the cover look to be in good condition but old.. would it still be possible for it to leak there since the head gasket had only 20 mins on it since it was installed?????

thanks

Comment

Head Gaskets

Make sure to change both sides. The one you already replaced should be ok. Water can go across from the other side.

Comment

you dont mean from the port side of the motor to starboard side do you? the other side is really dry? so do you mean both gaskets between the exhaust plate??

thanks

Comment

any other ideas on how the water could be getting in the cylinders???????

Comment

Working...
              X