X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF-225 Driven Gear Installation

Driven Gear Fans,

Has anybody installed a driven gear?
    The question I have is following the directions in the service manual.

(Con't) on DF-225 Driven Gear Installation

Question:

On page 6-42 Power Unit Number 4 There is no mention here of aligning the driven gear dot with the crankshaft dot. After several turns of the crankshaft, note I have not touch since lifting the power unit out. I can get the 2 dots to align. Then on page 6-47 Installation steps 1 & 2 it talks about aligning dots, and help would be great. Thanks!

Comment

Nope, but I've driven an installed gear.

Seriously, what gear are you asking about? And go ahead and state your question. I doubt that many here have messed with replacing gears in the lower unit, but we can still try and help with interpreting your service manual instructions.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Okay, our posts crossed in cyberspace... so you're referring to aligning camshaft gear to crank gear?
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

The issue is making sure the timing stays correct.

Question: aligning the driven gear with the crankshaft gear?

Comment

I still want to be sure what you mean by driven gear......

what is the "driven gear" attached to?
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

On the DF225 there is a part called, "driven gear" this is the gear that the lower unit drive shaft spline goes in on the driven gear, on power unit. This driven gear is what the timing chain runs the rest of the gears within the power unit.
              Attached Files

Comment

I know I'm probably being a pain in the rear, since I'm not familiar with your power unit, but I appreciate your posting the picture and all. Hopefully someone with a V-6 can chime in. But I'm still not sure I understand your question, since you say that you can get the 2 dots to align. And I figure that if we can get that question clear, then when somone comes along who either knows your power unit or has the manual for the bigger motors, then maybe they can get right to an answer. Sorry I can't be of more help.
                Mike
                μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                X