1998 Suzuki DF70 Oil Leaking from Water Inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Suzuki DF70 Oil Leaking from Water Inlet

I have a 1998 Suzuki DF70 that is leaking oil from the water intake ports at the bottom of the engine. When the engine is running there is a large oil slick around the motor at idle. After a 30 mile run the oil light came on. I measured the oil level in the motor and it was below the lower level of the dipstick. I figure I am losing about 1 quart of oil an hour from the leak.

I have pulled all of the cowlings and lower foot off the motor in hopes of finding the leak but nothing obvious was found. I drained the oil and could not find any indication of water in the oil but I did find chocolate milk in my water cooling shroud where the pee hole is connected.

I also pulled all of the plugs in efforts to locate a ring or head gasket issue but the plugs lock good. I have attached pictures of the plugs for reference.

At this point I assume that it is an internal gasket? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    1999 Suzuki DF70TL

Possibly a crank shaft seal? Can you shine a light up the leg where the drive shaft goes?

Comment

I have the same problem and my engineer said me that thre was a factory problem with a hole in the oil pipe inside of the main body of engine for 1998-1999 models.I wish if any person from suzuki will give us a response and what can we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Barouchas View Post
        I have the same problem and my engineer said me that thre was a factory problem with a hole in the oil pipe inside of the main body of engine for 1998-1999 models.I wish if any person from suzuki will give us a response and what can we do.
        These models suffered a structural failure and showed a crack in the engine body in an oil tube. SUZUKI had to inform the buyers and replace these machines. They do not did that and these machines are almost useless so they are not resold with such a problem.

Comment

Working...
        X