DF 140 oil light reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140 oil light reset

I recently replaced my 2003 DF140 with a 2014 DF140. (Very happy with new motor.) Anyway the oil light started to flash at the 100 hour mark as I expected. (actually 110 hr mark because we did the 10 hr change already) After changing oil I can not get flashing oil light to reset. Ive done the remove kill switch, turn key to first position and pull kill switch three times. Any suggestions?

Also do the new 140s have the same engine block rust problems as my old 2003 140? Thanks so much.

Did you remove your fingers from the switch between each pull. The switch grounds out when it is retracted so you need to have it retract fully between pulls. Try pushing in, then pulling, then pushing in, then pulling, pushing in and pulling the third time. I'm assuming that your new one works like the old ones but check your owners manual.

Your new one does not have the steel plug if that is what you are referring to as the "corrosion problem".
    Last edited by nelbur; 01-09-2015, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Will try that in the morning. Thank you
      And yes, I was referring to the corrosion problem.

Comment

Also a good idea to make sure your kill switch actually works. Every now and again kill the motor that way instead of turning off the key switch. So with your current problem with the reset procedure, check out that kill switch.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

It was a faulty kill switch. Thank you.
          Last edited by Hooksandcrooks; 01-24-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X