df140a no water out of tell tale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df140a no water out of tell tale.

Got no water out of my tell tale. It's pumping water fine. Checked the thermostat and tried wire and flushing water back through the tell tale had it working fine then it just stopped again. It goes from good to just nothing every time. Is a pressure valve a thermostat or something different. Its only done 30hrs. Might have got sand in it and have a dodgy dealer so reluctant to take it to him. In case i get charged.

Is this happening when flushing the motor on the earmuffs, or when the lower unit is in the water?

Reason being is that you need really good water pressure from the hose with these engines when they are on the earmuffs, and a good set of dual feed earmuffs helps too.

If you are not getting any overheating alarms, then it is probably just a blockage in the pee tube somewhere. With the egine running and water to the muffs, get a long piece of heavy weed trimmer line in there and poke it about, should dislodge the obstruction and the water flow then pushes it out.

Comment

Both on muffs and in the water. Tried the line down there didnt work. It's not overheating.
      Last edited by pilbaradf140a; 01-13-2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Have you tried disconnecting the hose just inside the engine where it connects to the pee fitting and making sure it is not up obstructed by something just stuck there?

Comment

Yeah i have thanks mate. Seems to be fine. Might try compressed air and water in a couple of days. Running out of ideas now

Comment

Tried the air and water. Didn't work not enough air pressure i think. With the muffs on and engine running it is pumping through the thermostat. I undid the plug on the side and was pumping out hard. That comes from the thermostat hey?

Comment

Anyone know where the pressure relief valve is located? Noticed there was nothing coming out of the exhaust bit next to the tell tale.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X