dt225 please help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dt225 please help!!!

Hey y'all, i'm having some issues with my efi dt225. Long story short is that the boat belonged to my father who passed away June of last year. Prior to him passing the boat had been running fine without any problems and the last time we had the boat out (with my father) it had gotten water in the fuel tank and the motor of course did not want to run. My dad drained the fuel tank and put non ethonal fuel back in and cleaned out all of the fuel lines as well as all the filters and the motor still did not want to run so he replaced both low pressure fuel pumps and the high pressure fuel pump, the fpr, primer , high pressure fuel filter, injectors and rail with some good used ones from another running motor we had. The motor did crank up and run good but we never had a chance to test it before he passed away. Sooo a couple months after i decided i was going to take the boat out for a fishing trip. I fired the motor up and let it run for a good 20 minutes prior to leaving the dock and everything seemed fine untill i put it under a load. after getting on a plane and cruising about 300 feet at 4200rpms the motor starts surging a little then just looses power and if i try to go any faster the around 2000rpms it just dies and the longer i run it the worse it gets and by the time i get back to the dock (going 3kts) it wont even get up on the trailer with out dieing . since then ive put a new set of ngk plugs in it changed the fuel pumps and filters as well as the vst tank. im not getting ang warnings or nothing. any help would be great. i want to get to my dads favorite fishing hole to spead some of his ashes but i just cant make it with this motor acting up. thank you all for any help
    John,
Working...
X