Bad Storms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Storms

I do hope you boys in Australia are going to be ok, with all those storms coming you way.
    I know it's not Suzuki related, but with all your help, just wanted to say
    good luck
    Regards

Originally posted by bassyac View Post
    I do hope you boys in Australia are going to be ok, with all those storms coming you way.
    I know it's not Suzuki related, but with all your help, just wanted to say
    good luck
    Regards
    Pfft you call that a storm. With my engines I probably wouldn't even hear it coming. Thanks for the thoughts.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts.

Nasty cyclones up north, closer to Andrew in Darwin than me in Brisbane area.

Australia is a lot bigger country than many overseas people realise.

To give you an idea, the current cyclone "Nathan" off North Queensland coast is something like 2400kms (1500 miles) north of the state capital Brisbane. And you are still in the same State!

It is a similar distance again South from Brisbane to places like Melbourne at the southern end of the country. Brisbane to Darwin is just over 4 hours flying time (yes, on a normal commercial jet!)

Pretty standard operating procedure to have cyclones around at this time of year though. We had the remnants of an earlier cyclone move down the coast after it crossed 500 miles north and did a lot of damage to coastal towns, and on through to Brisbane earlier this year, but it didn't do much damage here.

Most places these days are built to withstand all but the strongest cyclones.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 03-12-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X