New DF30ATL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DF30ATL

Hi. I am new to this forum and have just ordered a df30atl. I am planning on installing the motor, remote box, cables etc. myself. Is this a very difficult job? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Todd

I am doing the same thing. PM me if you want to share experiences. I just received the set-up manual today. It doesn't seem to hard as a DIY project.

Comment

Hey there. I don't see where the option is to send you a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeZone View Post
        Hey there. I don't see where the option is to send you a private message.
        You can see my boat build thread here. You can see how the motor is delivered to my place and how I put it up on my boat

Mercury Ocean Runner 430 Build Thread - RIBnet Forums

I haven't done much with the motor yet, but I will eventually install a NEMA2000 network so that I can see the instrumentation on my fish finder.

Comment

Great thread.

Comment

LbCarter

I just bought a 2015 DF25ARS you have give me the answer to one of my instillation problems. I,m just worried about hooking up the remote control.

Comment

Originally posted by LbCarter View Post
              I just bought a 2015 DF25ARS you have give me the answer to one of my instillation problems. I,m just worried about hooking up the remote control.
              Have you installed the shift/throttle cables yet? I haven't done it yet. The adjustment procedure seems kind of complex. Also, I opened the cover to access the clutch and throttle control arms. I can turn he throttle control arm with my fingers, but the clutch control arm seems very tight and I cannot move it at all with my fingers. I guess it probable takes more force to move?

I'll find out when I hook up the remote control. But I got to install my console first. That turned out to me a major time sink ....

Comment

Well, I received the motor a few days ago and the remote cables and new steering systems are on there way. I did find a video online of someone installing remote cables on a new suzuki. I will look it up again and post the link. It looks like it would be helpful, even though it is in Russian and I can't understand it.

Comment

Here is the link to the video. It's a df15 instead of a df30, but I think it should help.

https://youtu.be/2I3MyOs_dCM

Comment

Working...
                  X