fuel burn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel burn off

I have a 2007 df200 with 4in sims gauges last trip I reset to 0 gal left went fishing starboard tac shows fuel burn of 864 gal port tac 75 gal never had a problem before . all else on the tac is right . does this sound like a sending unit problem . I am trying to recalibrate cant seem to get the right page to come up.

Weird problem! Never seen that before. Hard to imagine both interface cables going bad at exactly the same time!

Have you had any work done on the boat/engines recently? A service or anything else? Any changes made to gauge or interface software etc?

I would suggest you go into one of the gauges, network menu, and Unconfigure the interfaces and reconfigure them to correct settings, and test again. Engine keys must both be turned on to do this.

The only thing you said that confuses me a little is "I reset to 0 gal left". What exactly did you do there, because if you did exactly that it that sounds like a strange thing to do! Normally you reset the tanks to full, which means fuel used is reset by the system at zero. Perhaps that is what you meant?

Comment

these motors are on a world cat port and starboard are independent , I know each tank holds 120 gal no sinding unit in tank . so before each trip I reset the total gal burned from the prevous trip to 0. I fill up every trip. this time the port tac is right on, the starboard showed GPH from 2gph to 60-80 gph no work on boat ,rpm, volt . I hope this helps. fuel set up seems to be the same shows 120 gal tank
      Last edited by highspeed; 03-16-2015, 03:01 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Ok, so maybe we are using different language for the same thing re the fuel reset procedure. I would describe it like this: in the fuel menu in the gauge, you select the option to refill the tank and then reset the fuel so the tanks are now full. Therefore, fuel used = 0.

If you are doing something different perhaps you could describe it step-by-step. It may be relevant to this issue.

It would be normal for the boat to have one NMEA2000 network with both motors linked to the network along with the 2 x SMIS gauges. Although possible, it is unlikely that both engines are on separate NMEA2000 networks, because the point of the NMEA2K network is that you only need one of them and everything hooks into it and can communicate.

With both keys turned on, I would suggest going into each gauge's menu and checking data sources for fuel. It may have become mixed up somehow.

You can test the changes after they have been done by running the engines on the muffs and checking the fuel flow at idle. If it looks right, then it should also be right at higher revs.

If that doesn't work, follow my earlier suggestion and Unconfigure/reconfigure each gauge. Test again and let us know how you go.

It is a strange problem this one!

Comment

Working...
        X