DT150 Power TT Fill Level Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT150 Power TT Fill Level Issues

Hi, I was having the dreaded gurgelling noise in my PTT so I thought I would try to bleed the air out. After trying all kinds of things nothing helped but the big issue is the proper way to fill the PTT. Shop Manual says that Suzuki had split years for level fills, serial numbers below xxx were supposed to be filled in the down position and mine falls under that level. When I do this, there is not even enough fluid to raise the motor so I filled it in the up position as most mechanics say a motor that size should, now after setting for a day the motor raises real slow. Please help. I heard their may have been a typo in the repair manual. How do I know in what position to check the fluid level. It don't seem like Suzuki has much of a tech support. Also, I used Dex / Merc ATF, should I use just DEx. Many Thanks.
    Last edited by jfishbones; 03-31-2015, 08:01 PM.

Interesting turn of events. So I called Suzuki, they said their manual says to fill in up position which contradicts what the SELOC manual says, so I did, after running it up and down it started bouncing abrubtly then when trimming down black fluid came out of the base of the motor and sprayed everywhere. So now I wonder was that too much fluid or was the motor getting ready to go and if so I dont understand why fluid would be in the motor. I think I also noticed a crack in the brush holder assembly block. Any ideas? And of course its all integral so you cant get the motor off without practically pulling the outboard motor off.

Comment

Working...
    X