Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF15 popping up when putting in reverse

Hi!

I recently got hold of a Suzuki DF15 from year 2006, and are having trouble with the reverse lock of the motor which does not work. It simply doesn't lock the motor in the bottom position, which makes it lift when going into reverse. I've tried to see if something in the locking mechanism is missing, and looked at some schematics but are having trouble big time understanding how this should work.

Anyone got the same motor or have any clue of how to get it working. I've taken some pictures on it, and would love ideas or maybe if someone with the same motor could take some photos for me.

Imgur

Here is one of the schematics I've looked at without success, but I think, according to this image that the spring numbered 8 seems to be missing. But I cannot understand where it would fit or how it would help.

http://www.partskatalog.ru/parts/out...-2005-2009.jpg

Thanks in advance!

My DF25 did something similar except it wouldn't lock up. Probably didn't lock down either but didn't test that at the time.

I cleaned and lubed everything and it worked more smoothly. It was awhile ago and I don't recall exactly but I think one of the springs in the mechanism popped off and wasn't holding as it should. I remember a spring that was just digging into the metal. There was a stud nearby so I hooked the spring on that and it has been working fine ever since. I got this motor second hand. One of the notches for the shallow drive is broken off so I suspect the previous owner had problems from the start. The manual is OK for showing the mechanism but, I have to be sitting next to the motor or it doesn't make sense to me.

One position of the lock lever allows the engine to kick up if you hit something. I think UP. With the lever Up, mine will kick up in Reverse. With the lever Down, the drive stays locked down in Reverse.

I just looked at your pictures. It looks dry as a bone. Lube everything up. Looking at the parts diagram, I think the parts that were not moving correctly on my engine were 9 and 10. They were not flipping into place as they should. I used Corrosion Block to lube mine. Only because that is what happened to be closest at the time. It is still slick after 3 years so it must have been a good choice of lube.
    Last edited by bklake; 04-14-2015, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X