2015 DF 25 RPM Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 DF 25 RPM Question

I have a new DF25 - on the suzuki website it says that operating range is 5000-6000 rpm. I have a 4 blade prop on my tunnel hull boat that only runs at a max of 5150 rpm at WOT. I know lowering pitch would up the rpms but the prop i havr is the lowest pitch they make. My question is will this shorten the life of my motor? I can get rpms up to 5800 or so by going to a 3 blade but really don't want to.

Thanks

BTW - i love this motor.

bump hopefully with more people having this motor now.

Comment

What is your pitch now, also you said the 3 blade will raise the rpm's, maybe that is what you should be using, lugging the motor will cause damage.
      Last edited by jackreno; 02-08-2016, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I have the DF25A. Mine initially ran 5850 RPM with the provided 11-pitch aluminum prop. Rev limit is 6200. I raised the motor about an inch on the transom and gained about 200 RPM (and 1.5 MPH)

What prop are you using?

Comment

No one likes to play the mix and match game when it comes to a new motor and the correct prop, but in the long run you will be happy you did it. Not only will it relieve stress on the motor and make it last longer, but getting up on plane is much easier and the fuel economy is way better too. At least it was on my DF30A. IF your impressed with the motor now, you'll love it with the correct prop.

Comment

Working...
          X