50 hp Suzuki four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 hp Suzuki four stroke

Yesterday while coming in to dock the boat I noticed it was loosing a little top end speed not to much. When I went to dock it I noticed a light oil film around the motor in the water. When I got home started checking and pulled the dip stick and noticed my oil had a brownish or milky color to it. Help needed.

Alan, milky oil is not good news. It indicates water in the sump oil. That, along with loss of performance as you have described, can mean a number of things, none of which are good.

Head gasket blown probably at the top of the list of things that could be the cause. If you can do a compression test first up it will help diagnose this. If you have had overheating issues in the past that could be the cause.

Now it all depends on how confident you are as to how to proceed from here. Whether you want to tackle it yourself or get a pro to do the work, or at least give you an opinion on what's wrong and what it will cost to fix.

But it is not something that you want to waste a lot of time addressing, because water inside the engine is not going to fix itself and will cause corrosion in places where you don't want it to be.

Comment

Working...
    X