2006 DF250 Chk Eng Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DF250 Chk Eng Alarm

Engine starts fine from cold with no alarm. Idles out of the channel fine, runs fine, when I slow down to idle or neutral start to get this: https://vimeo.com/user8804874/review...067/e4953b41d2

If engine is left in idle for several minutes the alarm stops and check engine on gauge goes away. As soon as it is put in gear again the alarm starts.

Besides the alarm the engine runs perfectly. Pees good, oil pressure good, sounds good.

Tried swapping ECU with starboard engine and alarm still happens.

Dealer can't get me in for another month. Ordered scan tool for computer in the meantime.

Any thoughts what it could be?

On the alarm that accompanies the CHK ENG indication, are you able to count any beeps, any pattern to the beeps?
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Single beep every five seconds like in link to video.
      No code on screen in the gauge.

Batteries are brand new and fully charged. I reset the oil change reminder and white wire to ECU was just replaced because it had a gash in it. That was giving me false IAC valve problems.

Comment

Oh yeah, sorry, I didn't notice it was a video on my first look. Sorry also, I don't know what the problem could be, except that the continuous beeps is supposed to indicate low battery voltage, and your vid doesn't indicate that as a problem. Probably some dumb simple thing that will cost way more than it should.
        Last edited by Harper; 04-17-2015, 09:56 PM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Haha, isn't it always! Thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
          X