2014 250SS Alarm Code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 250SS Alarm Code?

I've been having problems over the past couple months. My motor is shutting down, and beeping 3 times. It will start back up easily and run for anywhere from 20 seconds to the rest of the day. Sometimes it happens every 20-30 seconds, 20 times in a row. Some days it doesn't even happen.

No one can tell me what three short beeps means. I have a feeling it's some sort of low-fuel/no-fuel code, but not sure.

What about the Neutral Safety Switch?

Comment

Dunno what three beeps means. Under what conditions does the shutdown occur (at RPM, on plane, or at idle or doesn't matter)? The neutral safety switch alarm is 3-3. Does your three beep alarm just occur one time then stop, or does the three beep sequence repeat?
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

It happens any time. Only three beeps, then motor dies.

Comment

Capt, I can't say that I've seen that problem.

I can only say that these engines are very voltage sensitive. And when they are not getting good voltage to the ECU, they can do strange things. This could be one of those cases.

So I would suggest set that you remove, clean and replace the battery connections, make sure they are tightened down firmly with a spanner, and check the battery state of charge as well as their ability to take load. Also check the battery cables while you are there for signs of corrosion, although that would seem less likely given your motor is quite new.

If no luck there, then you will still be under warranty so I would suggest that you go back to your dealer and have them check it out. It could be a faulty sensor, neutral throttle switch, or a problem with the wiring harness. Possibly the SDS diagnostic system will give them some codes to help diagnose.

Comment

Thanks. I'll look into all of that.

Comment

Because I thought I was told 3-beeps meant low-fuel or no-fuel, and because I had Type B fuel hose (which is known to cause problems), I changed my hose to Type-A. Ran the boat for 5 hours on Saturday, and no more problems.

Comment

Well, two years later and I'm still having the same problem. New batteries, new fuel tank new type-A fuel lines, new water/fuel separator, new primer bulb, and still the same problem. But I think I've "corralled" the problem a bit. The only time I've had this problem recently is after prolonged periods of idling. If I idle for roughly 5 minutes or more, then push the throttle to get on plane, I may run 100 yards or more (or less) and the motor will idle down, die, then the alarm will sound three beeps. At this point, if I try to start the motor, it typically won't start. I'll then prime the bulb and the motor will start and run fine. If I idle again for a long period of time, the problem occurs again. Some trips I never idle and never have a problem. Anyone know what this could be? I've had the motor for three years and have always had this issue. The dealer was never able to recreate the problem (and they're pretty much worthless anyways), and Suzuki doesn't seem to care when I call them. They just tell me to take it to a dealer. I don't know if the flashing lights on the gauge are giving me a code. All I know is the motor dies, I get three beeps, I prime the bulb, then I'm "back in business".

Comment

Hello, were you able to determine your 3 beep problem? I'm having the same issues.

Comment

Working...
                  X