2004 DF140 Leaking Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 DF140 Leaking Oil

I ran my motor with muffs (checking for leaks after changing oil and gas filter) with no sign of leaks. I put the boat in the water and brought it up on plane and it ran great (just a few minutes total run time). I went down to the boat (it's on a lift) a few days later and noticed drip of oil on the outside of the lower cowling starting at the front under the powerhead going down the outside of the lower engine cover. Any ideas as I would like to get out for the spring striper run this week. Thanks!

Check the oil filter for leaks.

Did you use a genuine Suzuki marine oil filter?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did use a manufacturers filter and ran it to check for leaks before closing it up.

Comment

Oil Leak

Have you checked around the oil cooler, I would recommend everyone with these earlier 140's engines pull down and inspect the oil cooler, could not believe what was in mine and I flush religiously

Comment

Originally posted by catacom225 View Post
          Have you checked around the oil cooler, I would recommend everyone with these earlier 140's engines pull down and inspect the oil cooler, could not believe what was in mine and I flush religiously
          Is it easy to get to? When I changed my internal zincs I was surprised how much build-up there was. As I mentioned before, I checked it after changing the oil for leaks and there were none. Any idea where the oil would be coming from? It's still on the lift as I have not yet been able to retrieve it.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X