DF90 fuel pressure issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90 fuel pressure issues

After 8 years of trouble free service I am having my first major issue with this motor. A couple of minutes after getting on plane and putting the using higher throttle demands it begins to act like it is starving for fuel with random rpm drops. I thought I might some water in the fuel system, but it starts, idles, and runs fine at lower rpm. Also, I can correct the issue with some pumps of the fuel bulb and the motor will run normal again for a little while. So I known this a fuel issue and not a ignition problem. I known that there is a low pressure fuel pump with filter and a high pressure fuel pump with a filter. Does it sound it pump problem or a filter issue, or even worse, a problem with the ECM? Any help is appreciated!

During those 8 years have you changed any fuel lines. If it was me I would change fuel lines and new primer bulb if they haven't been done. Before getting to the filters and pumps. Good luck
    2005 Carolina Skiff DLX 2007 Suzuki DF 115 4 Stroke

Comment

If changing the fuel lines and primer bulb does not work, I would clean the VST filter. Not a hard job, but a you have to remove the intake manifold, and might scare a lot of people. I believe there is a youtube video on how to remove the VST tank on a DF.

Comment

low pressure fuel pump.

has almost identical prob last year with my 115suzuki df. it turned out that it was my low pressure fuel pump , and my fuel lines were practically new.lucked out , in that I got great advice fron danny's Suzuki in Cambridge md. , who sold me a brand new low pressure pump, ans it was a very simple job to put it on engine. been fine ever since. good luck!!btw. my engine was 10 years old when this occurred.

Comment

Working...
        X