DF200a Owners Manual???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200a Owners Manual???

I am about to take delivery of a DF200a. First Suzuki for me. I'm trying to find an online version of the owners manual so I can pregame a little before I am live. I'm having no luck. Anyone know how to find one online? Thank you.

Generally they are not available online, I think you will have to be patient until the new beast arrives!

There are not too many tricks with the Suzukis compared to other makes. A couple that come to mind are:

Don't run the engine when flushing it using the flushing port. Only ever run it when the leg is in the water or using muffs. If using muffs, make sure you've got good water pressure. dual feed muffs are better than those that feed wat from one side only.

Not sure whether the new 200a's have the same system, but most other models use shims to adjust the valve clearances, and this is important that it's done at the 100hr service. Many dealers neglect this check/adjustment, but it is important that it is done. They need a special tool and a set of shims to be able to do the job, so it's usually a job for a authorised Suzuki dealer. So check your service manual and see if this is listed as a task at the 100hr service.

Other than that, you should work closely with your dealer to select a prop that is suitable for your boat. The Suzukis, with their dual reduction offset drive shaft system, run quite different size props to other brands, so a good relationship with the dealer to get you set up with the right prop is important. You want it to rev out at WOT to very close to the max recommended revs.

Eg My DF115 is propped to hit 6100rpm. They love to rev, these engines! And will do it all day, no problems.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, and welcome to the forum!

Comment

That's good advice moonlighter. My df140 will hit 6400rpm with a 26p prop on it!!! And yes, i am going plenty fast by then.

Comment

Working...
      X