No announcement yet.

engine bogs down at 4000 rpm and above?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine bogs down at 4000 rpm and above?

I have a 2011 suzuki 140 , bought the unit with approx 35 hours on it it now has almost 50 hours. When I bought the boat the gas tank (80 gal) had water in it had the unit serviced and ended up draining about 3 gal of water . long story short, the motor runs great, now that i am getting use to the boat I have started venturing offshore only about 5-7 miles when I open her up to anything over 4000 Rpm she starts to bog down , then will take off back up to higher rpm then back down . this will keep happening untill i reduce the Rpm,s to 4000 or below and the motor will purr like brand newunder 4000 RPM,s And this will happen every time I try to go over 4000rpm ?
    Any insite would be welcome!

Thanks MissMyboy.
    Miss Myboy
    20ft Key West Cuddy 140 zuki

My story is similar to yours. I bought a 2005 DF140 that had not run in a year. Drained 53 gallons of gas out, changed all filters and fuel lines. Engine idled great, but was starving for fuel (surging, missing, could not maintain RPM's) when running on plane. My issue was the fuel filter inside the VST. (Vapor Separator Tank). The filter was partly clogged and could not keep up with the fuel requirements when the engine was using more fuel. I had a professional change out the VST filter and it runs great now. He did a few other things, I think the VST filter is about one hour to change by a pro.

Craig

Comment

Thanks I will look into that , sounds very similar to my issue .
      I will let you know the progress.
      Miss Myboy

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy56 View Post
        My story is similar to yours. I bought a 2005 DF140 that had not run in a year. Drained 53 gallons of gas out, changed all filters and fuel lines. Engine idled great, but was starving for fuel (surging, missing, could not maintain RPM's) when running on plane. My issue was the fuel filter inside the VST. (Vapor Separator Tank). The filter was partly clogged and could not keep up with the fuel requirements when the engine was using more fuel. I had a professional change out the VST filter and it runs great now. He did a few other things, I think the VST filter is about one hour to change by a pro.

Craig
        Hi Craig

My mechanic is going to service it today and I told him about this VST and I will update you on the progress, thanks again.
        Miss Myboy

Comment

Working...
        X