2009 DF90A 48 hours - mid rpm noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 DF90A 48 hours - mid rpm noise

I just bought a 2011 Thunderjet with a 2009 DF90A Four Stroke - The motor has 48 hours on it. I had it out on the river for a couple of hours over two different days and it ran perfectly. Last Saturday my son had it out and told me he bumped the prop on the cement boat ramp. I could not see any visible damage so didn't worry about it and proceeded to warm it up then take it out but when I brought it up to about 2000 rpm the motor sounded much different, almost like there was something loose in the cowling. I ran it up to 3500 rpm then the vibration stopped and it sounded normal. It seems to be in the mid rpm range that it happens. I slowed it down and limped it back to the boat launch. I thought that I may have bent the prop slightly I ordered a new one and tried it again and the same thing happened. Same noise. It doesn't do this under 1500 rpm and seems to disappear over 3500 rpm. Is there something else going on? I checked all fluids and everything is normal. I no longer have a Suzuki dealer in my town and no other dealer will look at it. Any suggestions?

Bent shaft maybe?

Comment

I was thinking that as well but how hard do you have to hit the prop to bend the shaft? How do can I check the shaft, remove the prop then what?

Comment

Working...
      X