Linking Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking Posts

I don't know how to link separate posts. I found a post similar to mine, and I wanted to link the two: mine to his, or his to mine. If this can be done, how so?
    Thanks, Steve

You won't get any answers from those who run this forum, we're pretty much on our own. So what is it you are trying to do? I don't quite understand your request.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Similar problems

Thanks for your feedback, Harper.

I saw a post from "Bloody Deck", dated 3/23/15, about a potential fuse problem causing a similar problem. I wanted to link that post to my post to benefit someone else with the same issue, but perhaps we can't link posts in that manner.

Bloody Deck posted:

"Hello! Just purchased my first boat it has a 2013 Suzuki df90a on the back.. I had her out this weekend and we were fishing running in idle then all of a sudden all power to the engine stopped, no trim no beeps no power to gauges, but the fishfinder and radio were still running...got worried because we were in skinny water with the tide headed out so got sea tow on the horn but then all of a sudden we here the start up beep and she fires right up! So we head for the ramp loosing power two more times..the only way i found to fix it was take off the fuse box lid on the port side of the engine and to tap on the fuses and she would fire back up.. Any suggestion?"

And McKee posted:

"I have a 2001 Suzuki DF90 with excellent service throughout the years. Today I experienced a problem: When I turned the key to the "ON" position (not START), I normally hear a long beep as the fuel is primed to the motor, then I start the motor. Now I have an intermittent problem: nothing happens when I turn the key to the ON position, and of course I can't start the motor, or move the trim. I wait a few minutes, something resets automatically, and then it's back to normal. It starts fine, runs fine. But, after a few minutes, it stops again, I wait, then it's normal again. I heard a click when I turned the key to ON, so I removed the motor cover to isolate the next 'click'...it came from a small round module located just above the fuse box. Could that module be the problem, or is that module doing what it is supposed to do initiated from some other problem? Everything shuts down after the click, even the trim function. Intermittent problems are the worst to troubleshoot and fix. I will not take it far from the dock."

Comment

Ok, to link to a previous thread, the simplest way is to look at the top of your screen and the browser link will be there. Click there and copy, then paste the link into your new post.

It will look ike this and clicking on the link takes you to the thread.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...uto-reset.html

And in my previous reply I should also have suggested to check, remove, clean and replace the main fuse and those in the engine!
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-10-2015, 12:00 AM.

Comment

This is the "white wire" problem
          This is the white wire from battery to the ignition switch
          There are several things in this power source to check
          This is a fused wire check the in line fuse
          Check the connector that comes from the battery/battery switch
          Don't trust the connection to be good just because the connector holding the wiring is tight-if the wiring can be exposed to water, the wire itself can be corroded inside
          The emergency stop with the lanyard - has been a problem
          The ignition switch itself can go bad
          Any break in this power source kills the engine instantly
          In some installations this power also feeds instrument panel
          So if chart plotter depth finder are cutting out at same time check power connections under dash
          Art

Comment

Working...
          X