Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new 2015 25HP not starting (battery)

Hi List,

On my new suzuki (DF25AES electric start) I noticed sometimes the 30 Amp fuse gets burned while I am connecting my fish finder to the battery which was already connected to the engine. And then I can only rope start it. Yesterday, it happened again but the fuse looks good. Any idea what to check for? I can take to the dealer (under warranty) but the nearest dealer is 1 hour away.

thanks in advance.

I'm looking to buy the same motor. How do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by raven71 View Post
      I'm looking to buy the same motor. How do you like it?
      Raven, I got a DF25ARS about 9 months ago, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I have it on a 13 Ft aluminum Feathercraft boat that weighs about 250 lbs without the motor. The motor is quiet, smooth, and pushes my boat about 28 mph while burning about 1.25 gals/hr of fuel.

Thus far I've had no problems to speak of. There was one time when the motor wouldn't start, which makes you realize how much you're at the mercy of the computers in a modern engine. After 5-6 attempts to start it, I threw in the towel and took a 30 min break. When I went back, it started right up and has run fine since. I got a good warranty with the motor, but I'm praying I don't need to use it because the nearest dealer is about an hour away and I don't know them (yet).

I'm a happy customer. This is my first time to buy a new outboard. I'm in Alabama, USA in case you're nearby.

Comment

Did you get the problem resolved?
        you say the "fuse gets burned" meaning -blown-?
        the fish finder takes literally no power to run.. should not blow any fuses
        If the 30A fuse is blowing, I would think there must be a loose wire that is creating a direct short. the only thing that would cause a 30 amp fuse to go..
        art

Comment

Working...
        X