1996 DT 100 new gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 DT 100 new gauges

I am restoring a 1979 Mako 17. It came with a 1996 DT 100. The compression is good and is in otherwise good shape, so my mechanic is bringing it back to life with rebuilt carbs, water and oil pumps etc. This was good news since I did not expect it to be useable. The fact that I can get this working means I can use it this summer rather than waiting to save the cash to repower.

My problem is that the gauges were shot and the wiring harness was trashed so I am starting over with all the controls and cables.

After conversations with Faria they confirmed that my gauge of choice (Faria TC4012A) would work since it includes the system monitor idiot lights and is NOT the new monitoring system they use for 4 strokes. The problem is that it comes with a 4 pin connection box which does not match the replacement wiring harness from the DT100. Despite being a Suzuki tech, my mechanic is struggling with the wiring.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Working...
X